- 2015 ULI Global Awards for Excellence Finalists-City Market at O
- New Public Art Sources Local Talent, Draws Inspiration from Legendary Sahw Residents
- Where a Dogs Life Means Luxury Living
- Wegmans will open yet another Northern Virginia store
- Roadside finds new buyer for Purcellville Gateway
- HFF closes sale of grocery-anchored retail center in Washington, D.C. Metro Area
- ULI Washington 2015 Trends:
How did they pay for that? The Wharf and City Market at O: Two Transformational projects in the District Recap
- 4 Metro-Friendly Mixed-Use Projects To Watch
In the next seven months, four developers plan serious headway on projects within blocks of a Metro station. From a giant renovation of a decades-old mall to a Bethesda development that comes with well over 1,000 underground parking spots, the mixed-use boom is real, and it's spectacular.
- ECHO Realty Buys Harris Teeter-Anchored Shopping Center in Virginia
- This Summer at City Market at O
- Honoring a trio of D.C. historical figures
- Dolci Gelati Opens in Shaw with Gelato Pops!
Straight-up gelato almost seems like the side show at Dolci Gelati's new Shaw shop, which opened over the weekend at CityMarket at O. Owner and pastry chef Gianluigi Dellaccio showcases so many other sweet treats, including tiramisu, cookie sandwiches, mini gelato cakes, chocolate meringue mousse, cannoli, chocolate hazelnut tarts, kettle corn, and more............
- Special Holiday Events
Special holiday events unite apartments and neighborhoods in DC.......
- Small-Space living in Shaw
City Market at O
- Roadside Picked to Develop D.C.-owned Shaw Parcel
Roadside Development is expanding in Shaw, having won the right to redevelop a District-owned,13,306-square-foot parcel across the street from its CityMarket at O.
A joint venture of Dantes Partners and Roadside has been selected to transform the vacant lot at 1336 Eighth St. NW, near the intersection of Eighth and O streets Northwest, into a mixed-use development of 72 multifamily units, and 6,900 square feet of retail.
- Mayor Select Roadside Team to Develop 8th & O
Mayor Gray selects the team of Roadside Development and Dantes Partners Team to develop Shaw parcel at 1336 8th Street, NW, located at the corner of 8th & O Streets in the Shaw/Convention Center neighborhood in Ward 6. The proposed development will continue the revitalization of the Shaw/Convention Center neighborhood by providing a high-quality mixed-use building that offers residential and retail opportunities in the heart of one of the District of Columbia’s most thriving areas.
- With Marriott Marquis and Cambria Suites, D.C. Begins a Hotel Boom
The Marriott Marquis opened its doors to the public at noon today. With 1,175 rooms, it's the largest hotel in the District. But it's not the only new hotel in the District. In fact, it's not even the only one opening today. Just a few blocks to the north, in a move seemingly designed to be overshadowed by the Marriott festivities, the 187-room Cambria Suites at the CityMarket at O development also opened its doors today.
The District is experiencing quite a hotel boom. And it's only just beginning.
According to Destination DC, the nonprofit corporation that serves at the D.C. government's marketing arm for tourism and conventions, today's two openings bring the total number of hotel rooms in the District from 28,471 to 29,833—a 5 percent jump. That figure will continue to grow in the coming years, with 886 more rooms under construction, 1,165 beginning construction in the next 12 months, and 1,613 in early planning.
- Mintwood Team Signs Lease for CityMarket at O
DC's Mintwood Place team signs lease for a second and new concept to open at CityMarket at O in early 2015.
- Update: CityMarket at O/Roadside Development Got it Right
Still much going on at the City Market at O campus. The West Building, which includes the new Cambria Suites Hotel, and the East Building, which includes The Giant, are both currently leasing. If you are a regular visitor to the area, then you can see how the development has changed, not only the physical area, but the vibe as well. Now that the project is almost complete, I have to say Roadside Development got it right.
- Diving-Board Apartments and Dog-Grooming Stations: A Virtual Tour of CityMarket at O